Moving from a Blogger blog to a WordPress blog is an usual practice these days. WordPress blogs are considered to be the best for professional blogging. If you are planning to move from Blogger to WordPress, you might be looking for an easy way to import Blogger posts to the WordPress blog. Following are some simple tutorials meant for the WordPress beginners who wish to transfer their blog posts, labels and comments from Blogger to WordPress.
Note: These are NOT the tutorials for complete migration from blogger to wordpress by keeping the same permanent links. These are just IMPORTING blog posts from a Blogger blog to a WordPress blog. These tutorials will work for both Self-hosted WordPress as well as WordPress.com blogs.
- Go to Blogger Dashboard – Settings – and click Export blog under Blog Tools at the top.
- Click DOWNLOAD BLOG button and save the exported XML file.
- Now go to your WordPress Dashboard – Tools menu – click Import – and choose Blogger from the list.
- Click Authorize, then Sign-in to your Google Blogger account.
- Click Grant access.
- Now you will see a list of your Blogger blogs with number of posts and comments in your WordPress Dashboard. Click the Import button near the blog you want to import.
- When the importing process is finished, you will see all the imported items in Posts and Comments menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
If you face any probelms in the above method, try other methods given below.
- Do the first 3 steps described above.
- Now towards bottom you can find a section as shown in the screenshot below.
Click Choose File and select the Blogger xml exported file and click Upload file and import button.
- You will see a response like ‘Your file has been successfully uploaded. We will begin processing your import right away.‘
Check the Posts and Comments menu in your WordPress Dashboard to see the imported items.
Again if you are encountering any errors, try the next method!
- Do the first 2 steps as described in Method-1 above.
- Then go to Blogger2wordpress.appspot.com, select the exported file and click Convert. Save the converted WXR file.
- Now go to your WordPress Dashboard – Tools menu – click Import – and choose WordPress from the list.
- Then open the converted WXR file and click Upload file and import button. This will import all the posts, labels and comments.
- That’s all! You can find all the imported articles in Posts menu in the WordPress Dashboard.
Hope this simple tutorial helped you and was simple indeed! Just make some tweaks in categories, tags and permanent link structure to suit your requirements. Good luck!
You May Also Like:
: Call to undefined function get_related_posts_thumbnails() in /home/ajeet/public_html/wp-content/themes/WhosWho/single.php
on line 54